Friday, July 10, 2009

Been awhile...

I know. Honestly I just had no motivation to update my blog...I actually had a few drafts saved that represented feeble attempts to update, but they weren't more than a few sentences. So, here's a recap: after Angel Fire I came to the conclusion that I was over-stressed. Not over trained, just stressed. I was telling one of my friends how it's funny that as an athlete I feel like I'm pretty in-tuned to my body. I know when I'm getting sick, I know when I'm too tired to train, I know when something just doesn't feel right that could be the early signs of an injury. But, I'm not so good with the emotional and mental aspects. Anyway, work was stressing me out-a new role with more responsibility. And, I really missed spending time with my husband working on our house. Both things I figured I could train through, until I found myself dreading riding my bike and looking forward to when the next race would just be over with.
Wise Coach Ann put the brakes on for me. Took some time taking it easy with the training...then slowly building back up. Unfortunately, the time I wasn't spending on my bike I was spending at work instead. Waah, waah I know. I had to skip a few races, cause I just couldn't make it work and maintain sanity. But I made the right decisions because I am truly enjoying the time I spend on my bike these days and I've been able to hang out with Ari and the boys (Tucker and Riley) more.
Don't get me wrong-I've done some races-Teva Games Hill Climb(4th), Sunshine Hill climb (5th?), Mike Horgan Hill climb(4th), Winter Park super loop(3rd), and of course Short track(2nd and 1st). And, I'm happy to say they've all gone pretty well.
So now it's one week away from the National Championships. It'll be my first, and 6 months ago I had some lofty goals for how well I'd do. Now, who knows how it'll turn out? I'm heading up to pre-ride the course tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets not let that lapse in entries occur again, ok? The Erin fans of the world need their fix on a more regular basis.

Terri Huck said...

I am glad you got caught up on your blog! Missed you!