Monday, July 13, 2009

Nationals Course Pre Ride

I went up to Sol Vista to meet with coach Ann and her trusty group of juniors to pre-ride the course. These kids crack me up. They've got skills! I always feel a little self-concious riding with them because, honestly, their skills and bravery put me to shame. Anyway, we did three laps of the course. The uphill is steep to start, but then swoopy and fun. The downhill is steep, loose, and bumpy/rocky. Not an easy downhill by any means. My arms, shoulders, and back were sore after the pre-ride(not to self: next season I'll need to focus more on upper body strength). During the pre-ride I got pretty hot and wasn't feeling well (goosebumps, empty legs, nausea)-uh, oh are the issues I struggled with earlier this season coming back to haunt me??!!

No comments: