Monday, March 9, 2009

Drudge Forward...

...is more like it. Whose ever idea it was to "spring forward" this early in the year, was not a very intelligent or competent person...oh wait...:)
Anyway, I'm not very excited about the time change. I'm happy for the later sunsets. But, I was really enjoying being able to ride my bike into work watching the sun come up. Now, I'll have to figure out a different training schedule until the days get a bit longer since Ari isn't a fan of me riding in the dark.
In other news, I've just registered for my first non-Colorado national series race. That's right. I'll be going to Sea Otter in Monterey, California- against my and my coach's better judgement. It'll be the biggest race I've ever done, the longest race I've ever done, and the first mountain bike race I've flown to. I'm pretty nervous and a bit apprehensive, but also excited. I decided this season that I want to see how I do within the "national" arena so I figured it's better to start sooner rather than later. It also means that I need to crack down and get some serious longer rides in...hope the un-seasonably warm and dry Colorado weather cooperates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the weekend of Apr 16 in California! Will Ari join you? Need helpers?